Saturday, September 7, 2013

GYDO: April Genevieve Tucholke


April Tucholke, Author of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea


Happy Never After or Happy Ever After
A bittersweet mixture of both. 

Hardback, paperback, or eBook?
Hardback and paperback. I don't own an ereader. 

Bad boy or boy next door?
Both.

Chocolate or candy?
Dark chocolate.

Coffee or Tea?
Coffee. No question.

Truth or Dare?
Truth.

Reading in the sun or reading next to a fireplace?
Both, with a slight leaning towards the fireplace.

Sweet or Sour?
Sour is my least favorite taste. And I like my desserts bittersweet, like my endings.

Would you rather be super cold or baking in the sun?
Super cold. Hands down.

A million dollars or a life time supply of books?
I already seem to own more books than I could read in a lifetime. I'd take the million dollars and donate half to cash-starved libraries. I would use the rest to build a fleet of bookmobiles that would travel the land, giving away my favorite books.

Favorite YA book? (Besides your own of course!)
That's tough. Sabriel and Lirael by Garth Nix. Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer. To Kill a Mockingbird. The Golden Compass. A Wrinkle in Time. The Folk Keeper. I could go on and on...

Favorite 2013 debut?
THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER by Megan Shepherd. TAKEN by Erin Bowman. IN THE SHADOW OF BLACKBIRDS by Cat Winters. SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard. And there are still several I haven't had a chance to read yet...

Favorite place?
Northern Italy. Lourmarin, France. The Scottish Borders. Salzburg, Austria. Bruges, Belgium. 

Favorite food?
Affogato. Manakeesh with olives, feta, and crisp cucumbers. Summer Corn Chowder made with coconut milk and fresh corn right off the cob. The Khai Soi at Pok Pok in Portland. The Sticky Chicken at the Real Food Street Bistro food cart.

Favorite website?
I'm on my local library's website almost every day. I really like deviantART.com...and audible.com. I listen to a lot of audiobooks. 

Favorite social media?

None. I wish we could go all go back to writing letters.

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea Blurb
You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…
Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.
Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.

Author Bio
April Genevieve Tucholke is a writer who digs classic movies, red-headed villains, big kitchens, and discussing murder at the dinner table. She and her husband Nate Pedersen live in Oregon at the edge of the forest.

Media

Buy

No comments:

Post a Comment